Adamo Security Group, an employee-focused company that encourages and promotes creativity and professional growth, is currently seeking applicants for our Construction Project Manager position. This is a full-time position. We are looking for a detail-oriented person who can lead and work within a collaborative team environment. The Construction Project Manager must act as a positive representative of the Adamo Security Group. And its core values.
Candidates have good personal character, can align with, and can propagate the Adamo culture. They represent themselves and the Company well, are proactive, self-motivated, clear communicators and have a positive attitude. Additionally, candidates can lead as well as follow, consistently demonstrate competency as a team player and promote the development and growth of team members. Ideally, this person is a problem solver and can see through to the “bottom line” or the most efficient way to apply a solution, values the customer relationship, is a creative thinker, with a can-do attitude and possesses and consistently demonstrates leadership qualities.
Yes, doing so with a willingness to grow knowledge in industry standards and best practices to develop and foster improvement in team members. Coaching team members on technical methods, process improvement, and leadership. Mentoring up to 5 junior team members to refine their individual project management skills, behaviors, while providing opportunities to others to help close their skill gaps.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in commercial/industrial/military construction as a Project Manager, Construction Manager, or related position.
- Good working knowledge of estimating, project scheduling and critical path.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Direct and work closely with the client, Adamo personnel/resources and other project stakeholders to ensure the final success of the project.
- Lead, track, and distribute meeting minutes for project status meetings with stakeholders.
- Coordination/contracting with subcontractors and vendors to achieve the corporate and project specific goals.
- Manage, develop, and supervise Adamo field personnel and their responsibilities.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with the project contract documents and plans.
- Quality control for all work installed.
- Attend job walks and take detailed notes for estimating.
- Organize and coordinate subcontractor job walks.
- Organize and manage all relevant project data to ensure all information is stored/filed properly; whether hard-copy files or electronical files on the company Attend weekly Project Manager meetings.
- Submit project documents to building department, when/if required.
- Follow up with customers to ensure a positive closure to every project.
- Periodically travel out of town, as needed for out-of-town projects.
- Adhere to Adamo Policies and Procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook).
- Have an eye for details and a commitment to excellent workmanship.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Project Management, or Business is preferred
- OSHPOD, DOD, or DOE experience preferred
- Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is important. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Standing or sitting for extended periods is common.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect building plans, blueprints and drawings.
- Occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs. and exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force is required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines or measuring tools is required.
Adamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any Kind