Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
A minimum of five (5) years of experience in commercial/industrial/military construction; as Project Manager, Construction Manager, Superintendent or related position. Must have a good working knowledge of project scheduling and critical path. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project & Outlook). Have an eye for detail and a commitment to excellent workmanship.
Superintendent Field Duties
- Develop a thorough understanding of the entire scope of work, including plans, specifications, logistics, materials, equipment, submittal and other requirements.
- Coordinate subcontractors and manage on-site production.
- Prepare and maintain a three-week look-ahead schedule for all activities on the jobsite; submit to Project Manager and/or Prime contractor weekly.
- Facilitate company safety program (job site safety inspections, weekly safety meetings, etc.).
- Maintain daily reports to submit to Project Manager and or Prime contractor daily.
- Review and adhere to project schedule.
- Maintain project photos of all phases and features of work.
- Maintain entire jobsite in neat and orderly manner. Assure good housekeeping practices are employed in all areas.
- Manage quality control by confirming that all equipment and material installed is what was submitted by subcontractor.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with government personnel, safety representatives and other management personnel.
- Maintain all close-out data required, including as-built drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, reports and other required documents.
- Assure all punch lists items are addressed and required action is taken and approved.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes, and that quality standards are maintained.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiarity with scheduling software an asset.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements.
- Ability to pass background check for access to military bases.